If you’ve done any research on the root of aging, you’ve learned about the connection between your abilitity to lengthen telomeres, longevity, a lower risk of disease and health issues. Commonly referred to as the “caps on our shoelaces” for our DNA or genes, telomere length has a huge impact on anti-aging and Rapid Aging Syndrome.
If you’ve done any research on the root of aging, you’ve learned about the connection between telomere length, longevity, a lower risk of disease and health issues.
Commonly referred to as the “caps on our shoelaces” for our DNA or genes, telomeres protect these strands at the end of our DNA from shortening and fraying. It’s now believed these internal time-keepers (and their length) control how quickly we age or how early we see signs of aging.
Aging is a complex scientific process that we’re still learning more about every day, but the simplest way to explain the role of telomeres and aging is the older we get, the shorter our telomeres get. The reason why they get shorter as we age is that when our cells divide they cannot replicate and repair themselves as accurately as they did when we were younger.
One way to keep your telomeres long is with better lifestyle choices.
Life Choices = Longer Telomeres = Longer Lifespans
Recent studies show better lifestyle choices can affect the length of our telomeres. Healthy lifestyle choices include diet, exercise, mental health, and the reduction of stress.
For example, study after study has shown chronic stress is linked to shorter telomeres. What better way to reduce stress? Exercise! There are plenty of benefits to exercising, and now we are adding another one to the list. One study showed results indicating that telomere shortening in later years is reduced with high-intensity aerobic exercise. Another interesting study found in The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences showed that 100-year-olds in good health had “significantly longer” telomeres than adults with health problems.
Telomere Length is Scientifically Correlated to Lifespan
Research shows there is something else we can do about short telomeres. If your serious about lengthening your telomeres and want to take this to the next step beyond food, nutrition, and stress, read on.
By providing your cells with the nutrition that most directly impacts telomere length like botanical antioxidants, DNA-repair extracts, phytonutrients, nitric oxide enhancers, and methylating agents, you can help lengthen these telomeres that are correlated to life expectancy.
Feeding your cells with telomerase-supporting nutrients backed by science helps support healthy telomeres which allow for a higher number of accurate cell divisions, or clean copies, in the life of your cells, and can help result in naturally slower aging.
Telomerase is the anti-aging enzyme responsible for the ability to lengthen telomeres.
Are you concerned about short telomeres? Fortunately, there is a solution.
Telomeres can regain a portion of their lost length with the help of telomerase, an enzyme that rebuilds some of the telomere sections that are lost over time. Telomerase is usually plentiful in younger cells that have a long life ahead of them. It generally decreases or can disappear entirely in older adult cells.
Telomeres can be lengthened by activating the enzyme telomerase using ingredients that have the unique ability to extend your telomeres so you can switch off your internal time clock, and slow down and even reverse the destructive effects of aging.1
Ten nutrients synergistically support telomere length, cell health, and DNA health for healthy again and longer telomeres:
- Clinically proven DNA repair catalysts improvement in telomere length in participants in clinical pilot studies: AC-11 extract from the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest AC-11®: Supports DNA repair, the immune system, and cell health benefits, and zinc. 2
- Clinically proven telomerase activators: Astragalus root extract, Korean ginseng extract (10% ginsenosides)3, and Milk thistle seed extract (80% silymarin)4and L-citrulline (also a well-known nitric oxide booster.)
- Protect cells from damage that can cause telomere shortening with antioxidants and methylating agents: Resveratrol, Vitamins B6, B12, and folate inhibit homocysteine levels.
- To get the benefit of all of these ingredients in one synergistic, natural formula targeted to help you stay younger longer and improve quality of life, you can take natural telomere length supplement formulas backed by real science. A potent telomerase activator, Healthycell® Telomere Length is doctor formulated and recommended to help provide the cellular nutrition that most directly impacts the health of your telomeres, without harmful side effects.
- Other telomere formulas focus solely on telomerase activation with ingredients that help keep telomere length long, but this only occurs in stem cells. Healthycell’s Telomere Length also supports DNA repair, inhibits homocysteine levels, and boosts nitric oxide to support telomere length in our body’s somatic cells as well† – which make up a greater portion of our total cells.